Sunday, March 16, 2008

Time flies (Alleluia)

That's all I can say. It's been almost two whole weeks since I've posted and it seems like they have flown past me. I was just telling my dad the other day that it feels like I'm chasing time. I'm not even racing it. Time is way ahead of me and I'm chasing it, trying to keep up. But I'm already so tired. And starting to wonder why I started running in the first place.

This past week has been crazy. The two colleges that I work with primarily have both been on break. Good that it's the same week I guess, but that has meant sparse work for me. I spent one day at the Pennsylvania School for the Deaf here in the area. I went to Lancaster one day and observed in a high school there. Spent some time with friends in Lancaster that I hadn't seen in forever. That was good. I never knew how relaxing it is to lie on a trampoline with a cat on a warm day. I think the best part was that I had a few seconds to breathe. My friends were busy and I busied myself with slacklining and trampoline jumping. I think that's the reason my ribs hurt, but *shrug* it was a pretty fair trade.

I have only 2 or 3 weeks left (thankfully) and will soon be headed back to Goshen. I'm looking forward to it more than I probably should, but life is full of "shoulds" and I try to ignore at least some of them. (I don't usually succeed.) Anyway, I miss you all. Will try to remember to write again sooner this time. Bye.

The Valley Song - Jars of Clay

1 comment:

TVP said...

Hey Mercy... I can relate from last semester to the whole "ready to be done" feeling, as well as the "I hope someone's reading my blog" feeling. Just wanted to send you a little reminder that you've left a big impact on some people's lives out there (like me) and that whether you realize it or not God is using you in important ways even now. Keep on truckin', I hope you get a lot out of your last few weeks bud.